Many pregnancy complications can be avoided if the couples have given to preconception consultation an important step. Consult before conceiving a baby may be useful in some cases to ensure that the expected pregnancy is not going to be a problem. Who is this consultation for? Who to consult? Let us find out.
The desire for a child is a personal, intimate wish that belongs to the couple. The project of pregnancy, its hope of realization, are part of the natural events of their life and to consult a doctor on this subject does not appear to them necessary. Pre-conception consultation may, however, be useful for some women who wish to become pregnant; it will be an opportunity to ensure that the expected pregnancy will not be a problem for their health and that of their future baby.
In which medical situations is it reasonable to ask for an opinion and to whom?
• If you have an illness that requires continued treatment, tell your doctor about your desire for a child. If he does not tell you about it, it's not because he thinks that a pregnancy would be bad for you, it's probably because he does not anticipate this project for you. He will then direct you to the most suitable professional.
• The gynecologist-obstetrician is best placed to give an opinion. You can also consult it without mail from your doctor. In certain special cases, the gynecologist-obstetrician will take the advice of fellow specialists, such as a cardiologist, a diabetologist, a neurologist, a psychiatrist, especially if you are hypertensive, diabetic, or treated for epilepsy or for psychiatric disorders.
• If you have any of these conditions, you are probably aware of the potential risks of pregnancy, and it is particularly important to monitor or modify the current treatment; it is the same in case of heart disease. But do not modify or interrupt your treatment without medical advice: this is what some women do, fearing that their treatment will be harmful to their baby if a pregnancy occurs. Thus, in case of diabetes, it is important that glycemic be as balanced as possible several months before fertilization. This reduces the risk of complications.
What To know about the preconception consultation?
• There are other medical situations in which it is highly recommended to have medical advice, which women do not always know. This is the case of obesity, asthma, a history of thrombosis, diseases of the thyroid gland or autoimmune diseases such as lupus.
• If you have ever been pregnant and have had complications such as recurrent miscarriage, the loss of a baby during pregnancy or at the time of birth, premature delivery, if you had a particular cesarean section because of preeclampsia: again it is advisable to consult an obstetrician; it is the same if you know that you have a uterine malformation, or if your mother has taken distilbene.
• Preconception consultation is advised, apart from any pathology, if you are 40 years old or older. The doctor will perform a general examination, including cardiology, more complete.
• Also, be aware that there are genetics consultations in major hospitals and that every time a genetic risk is known in the family, you will be told the level of risk of having the same disease and if it can be detected before birth.
Every parent wants to have a happy baby. Here is a good news: a study done by Dutch scientists on more than 3,000 pregnant women revealed that eating dark chocolate every day of your pregnancy can make your baby happy, active and smiling.
Another study by US researchers would conclude that the daily consumption of good quality dark chocolate reduces the risk of pre-eclampsia.
According to another study, this time German, dark chocolate would also have virtues on the blood pressure by decreasing it
It must be remembered that although dark chocolate has many virtues on stress, morale, and fatigue. But on one condition, to eat the quality one reasonably. In addition, it is not a food in itself but just take it in small quantity. So your diet should not be reduced to chocolate, eat vegetables, fruits, meat that will bring you other sources of energy. ... Read all
Every woman desire is to be called Mum one day. When the desire knocked your door as a woman, you must put all the chances on your side by knowing your date of ovulation. Before this situation, it is essential to know your fertile period. Why? Because the fertile of women reaches its peak only during a few days during the menstrual cycle.
How to determine the date of ovulation?
To determine it, your primary mathematics skills will be needed. I promised in days coming I will implement the ovulation date calculator.
Let’s us start
To calculate her ovulation date is not an easy task because every woman has a different menstrual cycle. Some have regular cycles, others do not. The accuracy of the date becomes more difficult when the same women can have varied cycles. They may also be long, short or normal. Averaging them we will have 28 days of the cycle.
Our calculation will not be 100% reliable. But it will give you an approximate ide ... Read all
Good habits should be taken well before pregnancy in order to increase your chances of getting pregnant. Do sports, eat healthily, your body will thank you, and your child too! The needs of iron, iodine, calcium, vitamin B9, and D are higher at the beginning of the pregnancy, that is why it is advisable to make reserves of vitamins.
Take care of yourself even before conception
As soon as the idea of making a child germinate within your couple, it is necessary to take good habits. So the change will be smooth and the healthy lifestyle will settle gradually. Also, know that some vitamins take a little time to store in the body. But as nature is well done, your body will absorb more vitamins during pregnancy.
Vitamin B9 (folate or folic acid)
Folate is essential during the first three months of pregnancy. They participate in the production of genetic material and amino acids necessary for cell growth. They are essential for the formation of red blood ... Read all
Infertility is destroying many marriages. Before this situation, many things can be done in order to have all the chances of being fertility. JPsante has done some research to help you to put all chances on your side for a successful marriage.
After one year of having regular unprotected sexual intercourses without being pregnant.
What are the causes of infertility?
JPsante: Infertility is generally defined as the failure to conceive after a year or more of regular sexual activity during the time of ovulation. Either the woman or the man may be the cause. The primary cause is generally low sperm count; but, in a woman, it is ovulatory dysfunction.
Infertility usually means that the problem can be reversed; sterility means that the situation is permanent. Determining the exact cause can difficult.
In general, 60% of couples conceive within 6 months; and 90% conceive within a year. If you both are under 28 and have no reason ... Read all